Dates: March 8th 2018. 6 hours CPD
Time: 10am - 4pm
Venue: Old School House, Chapel Street, Belper, Derbyshire. DE56 1AR
Capacity: 15 delegates
Cost: £85 to include tea-break refreshments. Please bring your own lunch. On completion of the training delegates will be awarded 6 hours specialised CPD.
Trainer: Marsha Ragsdell, Counsellor, Trainer and Supervisor.
Marsha has worked as a teacher, educational consultant and university lecturer and has a deep interest in working with children and young people. Marsha currently volunteers for Cruse Bereavement Care as a trainer, supervisor and fund raiser.
This 6 hour workshop looks at how children and young people (C&YP) can be affected by bereavement and life changing loss. However, this workshop does not qualify therapists to work with the group.
- We look back to our own childhood losses and how we were affected by them.
- We study basic psychological development of children and young people from birth to 18 and how they deal with bereavement at different ages and stages of cognitive development.
- We look at the impact of bereavement and loss have on C&YP with differing attachment styles.
- We look at ways of supporting C&YP at different ages and stages of cognitive development.
- We look at creative ways of working with C&YP and at some of the published resources available.