Dates: March 9th 2018. 6 hours CPD
Time: 10am - 4pm
Venue: Old School House, Chapel Street, Belper, Derbyshire. DE56 1AR
Capacity: 15 delegates
Cost: £85 to include tea-break refreshments. Please bring your own lunch. On completion of the training delegates will be awarded 6 hours specialised CPD.
Trainer: Marsha Ragsdell, Counsellor, Trainer and Supervisor.
Marsha has worked as a teacher, educational consultant and university lecturer and has a deep interest in working with children and young people. Marsha currently volunteers for Cruse Bereavement Care as a trainer, supervisor and fund raiser.
This 6 hour workshop will give a taste of working with groups of clients .
- We look at the advantages and disadvantages of working with groups
- We consider the types of group that can be run e.g. Open, Closed, Drop-In, Friendship
- We consider the importance of contracting
- We consider different ways that the group can be organised in terms of time management and management of individual needs within the group.
- We look at Tuckman's Theory of Groups
- We discuss themes that can be covered in group
- We consider some creative approaches that can be employed in group work